Rosacea Dermatologist Franklin TN
Our team of highly qualified board certified dermatologists (located in Franklin, TN, serving the greater Nashville area) offer effective, pain-free, non-invasive treatments for rosacea. We pride ourselves in providing our patients with top tier care in a state-of-the-art environment, which is why we routinely perform non-surgical, painless rosacea treatments in-office.
If you are interested in learning more about the rosacea treatments offered at our best in class dermatology office (located in Franklin, TN right outside of Nashville), we encourage you to schedule an initial consultation with our top notch board certified dermatologists!
Please note: Our top of the line dermatologists at Transformative Dermatology offer in-person and virtual consultations (from anywhere in the world).
Men and women can both develop rosacea for any number of reasons, including one’s environment, genes, immune system sensitivity, or all of the above. Though, fair-skinned people and women are the most susceptible to the harmless skin condition. Rosacea typically develops on the face and localizes on areas such as the forehead, cheeks, chin, and nose (sometimes eyes / eyelids).
“I can not emphasize enough on how pleased I am of the Botox treatments I have been receiving, in addition to my medical treatment plan that has helped improve my rosacea tremendously. She enjoys to spend that extra bit of time with her patients to make you feel like she genuinely cares. Not only is she smart and compassionate, she is beautiful and wears great shoes!” ~ RealSelf
Rosacea is characterized by
- Pus-filled bumps (may present as acne)
- Small pimples
- Constant redness / inflammation (due to blood vessels that have been dilated)
While there is no definitive cause for the benign skin condition, there are a plethora of non-invasive, safe, and effective methods to getting rid of rosacea. Rosacea is not contagious and does not emerge as a result of poor hygiene. A patient that suffers from rosacea may experience flare-ups as a result of ingesting spicy food or hot drinks.
Common Rosacea Triggers
- Blood vessel abnormalities
- Skin peptide issues
- Immune system sensitivity
- UV / Sun exposure
- Polarizing temperatures
- Alcohol consumption
In other cases, rosacea may be triggered by small mites living on the skin named “Demodex folliculorum”, which are harmless and quite common. Research suggests that people who suffer from rosacea possess many more “Demodex folliculorum” on the skin.
Even if the direct cause cannot be determined, our dermatologists can certainly help! During your initial consultation with the top rated board certified dermatologist, all potential trigger factors are carefully evaluated to determine the best course of treatment to tackle the skin condition.
The top rated board certified dermatologists at Transformative Dermatology (located in Franklin, TN – just outside of Nashville!) work with each patient individually to create a customized rosacea treatment plan that effectively diminishes symptoms associated with rosacea and will be there every step of the way in your road to recovery. Our team of highly qualified dermatologists and dedicated staff are committed to providing each patient with top tier care that allows them to seamlessly indulge in all activities previously hindered by their dermatological issues.
- Oral antibiotics: Our best in class board certified dermatologists regularly prescribe oral antibiotics to patients suffering from moderate to severe rosacea. Oral antibiotics are typically employed to tackle the pesky pimples and bumps that come along with symptoms associated with rosacea. This medication is typically taken in the form of a pill on a daily basis until symptoms subside or unless otherwise stated by the doctor.
- Topical solution: We also offer a topical solution that comes in the form of cream or gel to help diminish inflammation due to dilated blood vessels. Some topical rosacea treatments can help symptoms subside within 12 hours of the initial application. This rosacea treatment provides temporary relief, so it is important to apply your prescribed medication on a regular basis to allow the affected skin to improve. Other topical solutions gradually improve the skin over a two to six-week period. Though this technique takes longer, it can result in your rosacea remaining in remission for a longer period of time.
- Forever Young BBL™: The Forever Young BBL™ is a non-surgical, pain-free treatment that uses Broad-Band Light (BBL) to deliver results that leave your skin clearer, smoother, and younger-looking. Our Nashville dermatology center only uses top tier medical lasers and skincare techniques, which is why we use the Forever Young BBL™ laser device for rosacea treatment. The Forever Young BBL™ SkinTyte laser device allows your board certified cosmetic dermatologist to carefully treat the affected area with the utmost precision and attention to detail. The Forever Young BBL™ technology helps smooth out pigmentation and even out your natural skin color across the treated area. For best results, our dermatologists of Transformative Dermatology recommend visiting our premier Franklin, TN based practice to receive consistent follow-up treatments.
As best in class, top rated Nashville (Franklin, TN) dermatologists we provide highly personalized and comprehensive care. If you have any questions or would like to schedule a cosmetic dermatology or general dermatology consultation please use the eForm on the right or simply phone us.
1909 Mallory Lane
Franklin, TN 37067